harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Grzegorczyk, Christopher M" <christopher.m.grzegorc...@intel.com>
Subject [drlvm][gc] GCv5 verbosity, NOS parameters, and MOS collection
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 23:49:18 GMT
Two questions regarding GCv5 use (harmony 5.0m2)

1) Is it possible to get heap/GC information - it seems that
-verbose[:gc] and -Xverbose[:gc] don't print anything related to GC.
Specifically is there a way to get information similar to that obtained
by -XX:PrintGC[Details] in OpenJDK/HotSpot (pause time, region address
ranges, residency averages)?

2) Is the NOS divided into an eden space and a survivor space?  Is there
some way to control the relative region sizes?  What exactly is
-XX:gc.nos_size controlling?

3) I would like to set my heap large enough that full GCs are not
required. Will setting -XX:gc.num_collectors=0 disable collection of the
mature space?

Thanks in advance for any help.

chris