harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elford, Chris L" <chris.l.elf...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [general] confusing COPYRIGHT files
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:52:34 GMT
Hi Salikh, Alexey,

Salikh does indeed give a really good explanation and some good links.
Before this, I did not know where exactly the requirements were
documented for Apache.  Thanks Salikh!

Based on reading those links, I am wondering if the Harmony NOTICE files
are following the right format.
http://apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice describes a very
specific format to the NOTICE files.  The specific one in the directory
that Alexei was talking about
NOTICE?revision=476395 does not follow that format.

All of the CCLAs that accompany each bulk contribution were filed to PMC
and on to the Apache Incubator...  See
http://harmony.apache.org/contribution_policy.html.  This indicates that
all of these documents are stored in an adminstrative part of svn.  I am
not quite sure where that is or if it is available to everyone to see...

I do wonder if CCLAs are still tracked/registered with the Apache
Incubator project now that we are no longer incubating or if they are
registered directly by the Harmony PMC.

Chris Elford
Intel SSG/Enterprise Solutions Software Division