harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject [buildtest] netbeans scenario test with autoit v3
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 09:55:38 GMT
I am trying using Autoit v3 to write a scenario test for netbeans as we have
done for eclipse.
We can get eclipse component's name with the tool "AutoIt Window Info".
Then send signal to it to control its behavior by their name.

But i am encountered with a problem for netbeans: Autoit cannot get netbeans
control's info by its tool "AutoIt Window Info".
(I guess it is because netbeans is developed by swing)
So i have to control the scenario according to its component's absolute
location rather than its name.

This solution works, but it is bug-prone.
End-user must comly with the exact idnetical configuration (like same
resolution of monitor)
and carry out no other operations during the test.

Are there any more elegant solutions to address this issue? Or any comments,
suggestions?

--
Best regards
Sean Qiu