harmony-dev mailing list archives

From fatih batuk <fatih_ba...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] [Asn.1 Framework] where is the source code..
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 05:52:15 GMT
Again thanks for the answer..
I looked more closer to the Asn.1 framework and I realized that it does not include the "text
parser" part.
I want to generate .java classes of types which are defined in my asn.1 protocol(which is
a text file).
Then I want to make encode and decode operations by use of instances of these .java classes.
 (In the asn.1 documantation, decode and encode operations over instances is described : I
wrote a small .java class by
hand and I encoded istance of this class and then decoded again. And it
is worked.)

I - Does the text parser part exist ? (Maybe I coluld not find..) (Maybe such a parser exists
at some other place in the web, but I could not find..)

II -I am planning to write my own parser which will read the asn.1 protocol and genarate .java
classes from the asn.1 input file. And the generated .java classes will use Apache's Asn.1
Framework to make "encode and decode operations." And I am planning to do this by use of
java.io package.
I know there are some parser generators like "Javacc(java compiler compiler) or SableCC",
but I am not sure to start learning and using such a compiler compiler.
Can you give me some idea or some help about this issue ?

Thanks..
Fatih
fatihbatuk.blogspot.com
>(20.8.2007)
>Fatih,

>Take a look in
>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/security/src/main/java/common/org/apache/harmony/security/asn1/
>
>Regards,
>Tim

>>fatih batuk wrote: (19.8.2007)
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to use ASN.1 Framework which already exists in Apache Harmony project.
>> Documentation is located at:
>>http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/classlibrary/asn1_framework.html
>>
>> But I could not find the source code..
>> Does the source code exist ? If ok, can you show me where it is ..?

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on
us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7