harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Defining M3
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:57:55 GMT
> We've had some discussion, I think it is time to agree on whether we are
> going to shoot for a M3 release soon or let things ride for a while longer.

We should shoot for an M3 release sometime soon. Whether that means
freezing new feature code immediately and focussing on bugs, or
continuing till around mid September before freezing, depends on who
is doing what, and how the unfinished work impacts stability. Some of
the features that I know of, in development currently in DRLVM are
concurrent GC, a lot of thread restructuring, class unloading support
and a bunch of JIT changes. For class unloading, a little more time
would be great. So I would vote for the later date.

Thanks,
Rana