harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Spark Shen" <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][auth]Harmony lacks JGSS provider.
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 06:22:13 GMT
Glad to see that you are also interested in developing JDK6 missing
features. Would you also record your development plan and related
information to the wiki once you start, since the JGSS provider may be
harmony classlib specific feature according to your plan.

Recently, I looked into jndi related feature. And found that RI provides two
more jndi service providers than us - Ldap & Corba. These service providers
are clients used to interact with ldap or corba servers.
IIRC, Apache Yoko already provides corba features and its' binary has
already been included in our build. If luck, we may utilize yoko to
facilitate corba provider implementation.

As far as ldap is concerned, apache also has an apache ldap server. May be
it can provide some help. At least we can use it in our test suite.

Any thoughts, opinions?

Best regards

--
Spark Shen