harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][ldap] Fwd: [OT] Is there a Java client to interact with directory server?
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:01:05 GMT
We need an LDAP client *library* rather than a client tool though.

Reading the thread [1] on Apache Directory it seems that they do have
such a thing, so it may be just a case of figuring out how to take it as
a separate library and converting writing the JNDI provider code.

BTW: Seems that they are also maintaining an ASN.1 library -- that
sounds like a candidate for factoring out as a common component.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-dev/200708.mbox/%3c46D5183B.1070000@apache.org%3e

Regards,
Tim