harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drvm][jit] Operator Strength Reduction
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 09:21:53 GMT
Maksim Ananjev wrote:
> Hi!
>
> JIT optimizer now lacks "operator strength reduction" pass. It is
> well-known optimization that reformulates costly operations (such as
> multiplications) in terms of less expensive ones (such as additions)
>
> I'm going to implement it according to this paper: Cooper, Simpson,
> Vick "Operator Strength Reduction" (2001)
>
> I hope it will improve Harmony in performance domain: especially for
> numerically intensive applications.

Great!  Please keep us up to date on your progress, and send in patches
via JIRA.  At first glance, I did not see you name on the list of
questionnaire [1] responses we have got.  If you have not already done
so please complete one and send it to us.

[1] http://harmony.apache.org/auth_cont_quest.html

Thanks,
Tim