harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] M3 milestone discussion
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 20:32:55 GMT
Weldon Washburn wrote:
> hmm... Its August and lots of folks are on vacation.

True, I just got back from vacation myself, but I don't see that as a
reason to delay a stability drive and declaring a stable build as M3.
Indeed, it could be easier if there is less churn in the code!

> How about move
> M3 to the end of September?  This will give us a few weeks to discuss
> what should (and should not) go into M3.

The content of M3 is whatever is in SVN at the point we declare it
stable.  If there is code that is misbehaving then we would take it out
to achieve stability across the codebase.  IMHO extending the period to
decide what is in it doesn't make sense.

So I say let's start to chill down the code in the next few days, and
freeze next week to test and declare an M3 at the end of the month.  I
believe that producing regular, predictable milestones is one
characteristic of a healthy project.

Regards,
Tim