harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregory Shimansky" <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [packaging] binary Gentoo/x86 ebuild for M2 snapshot
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:05:05 GMT
On 8/23/07, Salikh Zakirov <salikh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gregory Shimansky wrote:
> > I can put ebuild file somewhere on the site. We just need to decide
> > which section should have the link to it. Probably besides the snapshots
> > for M2?
>
> I remembered a better place, wiki. So I created the wiki page with
> instructions
> and attached the ebuild files to it.
>
>     http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/GentooEbuilds
>
> I agree that it would be a good idea to add a 'packaged distributions'
> link to the site,
> and don't forget to link the .deb files produced by Mark

I might have missed it. Are they already available somewhere?

> Yes, I think so. Is it possible to create a ebuild for JDK as well?
>
> I guess so, using the HDK download for it.

There are two different binaries on the site, JDK and HDK.

>> 4) Gentoo is not keen to have a version identifier 'M2', so I changed
> >> it to '0.02'. It would be nice
> >> if our release numbering would be compatible with packaging systems
> >> without such changes,
> >> to reduce confusion.
> >
> > It could be harmony-jre-bin-0.0-r2.ebuild probably? We didn't agree on
> > any version number yet :)
>
> I think that will be misleading, as M2 is a version related to the Harmony
> project,
> rather than the ebuild version.

I thought of a different versioning scheme. A date could be used as a
postfix of the version, e.g. 0.0.20070832, or the date of the M2 milestone.
For example some gcc ebuilds use date when a CVS snapshot is used instead of
an official release.

BTW I didn't find an official document for the ebuild file name format. Do
you know if one exist?

--
Gregory