harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [bundles] Tomcat - Harmony bundle
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 09:22:33 GMT

On 1 August 2007 at 17:21, Salikh Zakirov <salikh.zakirov@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 08:46:22AM +0100, Mark Hindess wrote:
> >
> > I am looking at making debian packages.  I'll probably create a
> > debian subdirectory in the federation build shortly and I'll put
> > some .deb files in my poeple.apache.org web space.
>
> Wow, great! Nice to hear that!
>
> BTW, I've heard that Peter Novodvorsky is a Debian Developer, so he
> probably could assist in uploading the packages straight to 'unstable'
> repository.

At the moment, while the average Debian user might be happy with my
packages, your average Debian developer would have a fit if they looked
at them.

> Too bad I have Gentoo installed and cannot use the fruits of labour of
> others directly... :)

Many of the issues with packaging will overlap so there will be direct
benefit for any packagers from work done for Debian packages.  I'll
elaborate on some of the issues in a separate thread when I've checked
in debian packaging code I currently have.

-Mark.