harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Ivanov" <alxey.iva...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][swing][html] CSS is used to specify HTML tag behavior
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 07:28:51 GMT
Vasily,

Yes, I agree with your considerations too.

I guess we should create a mechanism to add another base.css that
cannot be removed. I pointed to
javax.swing.text.html.HTMLDocument.initDefaultCharacterAttributes
which serves as such mechanism currently. We should find a better
approach here because user should be able to override the defaults
specified there as well. At least browsers allow this but neither
Harmony nor RI does. Harmony is even worse since it ignores the style
specified the style attribute on HTML element. However, I don't think
there are many users who'd want to change that but it's a nice feature
to have, so that Harmony behaves closer to HTML browsers and thus
provides better HTML support than RI does.

Regards,
Alexey.

P.S. I knew all browser provided the feature to user style sheet but
had never tried it. Additionally this feature is quite hidden in
options dialog boxes.