harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Yang Paulex" <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][beans]Non-bug difference in java.beans.Statement/Expression(HARMONY-4392)
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 08:24:26 GMT
I raised HARMONY-4392 for your comments on a non-bug difference in
java.beans.Statement/Expression. Basically the issue is seems RI's
implementation cannot handle the overloaded constructor properly, which just
finds the first usable one and invoke, while spec requires the most specific
method should be found and used. Harmony actually works in similar way with
RI now, but because this kind of implementation depends on the order of
constructors found by reflection, they show different result now. Further,
even RI 5 and 6 shows difference.  Please refer to JIRA for details.

My opinion is to fix Harmony following spec, and RI's behavior is almost
impossible to follow even if we want :). How do you think?

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development laboratory