harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Yang Paulex" <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] system requirements
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:51:44 GMT
2007/7/5, 강성천 <sckang0722@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I want to install harmony jvm on my x86 embedded board.
> I'll use PC engines alix1c miniITX board.
> Its spec is:
>
> - CPU: AMD LX800 500MHz (x86)
> - SDRAM: 256MB
> - Flash storage: 512MB of 1GB
> - OS: iMedia Linux
> - JVM: Harmony
> - OSGi: Felix
>
> more detail spec: http://www.pcengines.ch/alix1c.htm
>
> Does it work well?
> I cant't found out detail minimal system requirement for harmony.

Welcome at first!

Although I don't think Harmony is designed to work at embedded system so
far, but it would be really interesting to know how things going :). I
really want to have a try myself if I have a system like this.

I think the harddisk/ram space should be OK to run Harmony, and VM gurus
probably know more details on the CPU instruction set requirement, but I
think at least it's important of the iMediaLinux's detail information(please
forgive my ignorance on this), especially the crucial libraries like
glibc/libstdc++, etc. And it also depends on what function you want to use
from Java SE about other library requirements.

And another question is, do you want to build Harmony from source itself or
download binaries directly?

best regards.

--
Paulex Yang