harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Yang Paulex" <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][beans] Current java6 bean implementation does not persist some class properly [was: There are some JDK 6 feature not implemented]
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 02:44:05 GMT
2007/7/5, Spark Shen <smallsmallorgan@gmail.com>:

> 2007/7/5, Yang Paulex <paulex.yang@gmail.com>:

> > > FYI we already have number of persistence delegates classes located in
> > > org.apache.harmony.beans package, and FieldPersistenceDelegate is one
> > > of them.
>

> I agree to utilize existing implementation. But there are still others
> missing. For example, java.util.Collection and its subclasses[1].
>
> [1]http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-4327
>
> It contains the algorithm that is very close to one you've
> > > implemented in the patch for HARMONY-4321. So I don't think we should
> > > add new FieldPersistenceDelegate, let's fix the existing one instead
> > > (if it needs fixing). BTW, we also have a special folder
> > > (src/test/java-internal/org/apache/harmony/beans) where tests for
> > > persistence delegates are located. Shouldn't we create something like
> > > FieldPersistenceDelegateTest there?
> >

> > Seems the tests in src/test/java-internal/org/apache/harmony/beans are
> > implementation tests, all of which fail on RI with message like "
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> > org/apache/harmony/beans/ArrayPersistenceDelegate ". But I think the
> > persistent delegate mechanism are very similar with serialization, on
> > which
> > we need to be compatible with other Java SE implementation, so it makes
> > sense to make them the API tests which pass on RI. Did I miss something?
>

> I agree to regard these test cases as  API tests.  And then these
> persistenceDelegate implementations better be placed at
> src/main/java/java/beans corresponding to test case layout.

IMO, test case layout and  implementation class layout are different thing.
What I meant is the test cases may need to be written against API factory
method instead of construct implementation classes directly via
implementation specific constructor/class, and the compatibility tests like
serialization tests are needed. I have no preference in where the
implementation classes locate.  :)

Thanks,