harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Yang Paulex" <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][beans] Current java6 bean implementation does not persist some class properly [was: There are some JDK 6 feature not implemented]
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 02:19:57 GMT
2007/7/4, Alexei Zakharov <alexei.zakharov@gmail.com>:

> Spark Chen wrote:
> > > If no objection, I will go to implement those missing persistence
> > > functionality.
>
> FYI we already have number of persistence delegates classes located in
> org.apache.harmony.beans package, and FieldPersistenceDelegate is one
> of them. It contains the algorithm that is very close to one you've
> implemented in the patch for HARMONY-4321. So I don't think we should
> add new FieldPersistenceDelegate, let's fix the existing one instead
> (if it needs fixing). BTW, we also have a special folder
> (src/test/java-internal/org/apache/harmony/beans) where tests for
> persistence delegates are located. Shouldn't we create something like
> FieldPersistenceDelegateTest there?

Seems the tests in src/test/java-internal/org/apache/harmony/beans are
implementation tests, all of which fail on RI with message like "
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/harmony/beans/ArrayPersistenceDelegate ". But I think the
persistent delegate mechanism are very similar with serialization, on which
we need to be compatible with other Java SE implementation, so it makes
sense to make them the API tests which pass on RI. Did I miss something?

Thanks,

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development laboratory