harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][security] Does harmony's security/auth module have the function to treat with jaas policy?
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 06:52:28 GMT
Hi Leo,

2007/7/31, Leo Li <liyilei1979@gmail.com>:
> Hi, all
>    In JAAS, there is an additional jaas policy which can be set by "
> java.security.auth.policy" policy as well as normal java security policy.
> But I found that org.harmony.security.fortress.DefaultPolicyParser will not
> treat with the jaas policy.

How did you came to such conclusion and what you meant exactly? The
policy format is basically the same and DefaultPolicyParser is
actually used by org.apache.harmony.auth.DefaultSubjectPolicy which is
the default JAAS policy. But the policy itself indeed is used nowhere,
AFAIK. Moreover, it is deprecated and it's use is not documented in
API specifications. Probably it was intended to affect
Subject.doAs[Privileged]() behaviour, so you can attempt blackbox
testing to shed some light into this dark matter ;)

--
Alexey