harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] verifier discussion
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:10:17 GMT
[snipped]
> some clarification. I don't have any objections in general for having components
> pluggable. What I mean is this general work (moving to pluggable components)
> should not be necessarily connected with discussion/modification/switching the
> design or implementation of specific component

I agree, runtime pluggability is not very important for current
development activities (provided that build-time switching is
possible). However, here is the key difference with *certified* binary
distribution and development builds, we hardly would afford certifying
many build combinations. But distinctions in component characteristics
(perf, footprint, etc) may become essential in specific
environments/app domains (e.g. embedded systems); we should strive for
max runtime adaptability in a long term.

--
Alexey