harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [bundles] Tomcat - Harmony bundle
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 23:49:59 GMT
On 7/14/07, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:

> Sean Qiu wrote:
> > I think maybe we can minimize our jre to attract more users.
> > Take tomcat as an example, there is no need to include swing and awt
> with
> > tomcat. (Am i right? )
> >

> Yes :)
> Although some users are depending on PDF libraries
> that need some sort of rendering.

   Modularity is really one advantage of Harmony. However each coin has two
sides, as Mladen says, maybe a customized harmony might have trouble on
client's application due to lack of class. I think, in this stage, it is the
time to show our stability and compatibility with RI.
   Besides, we can tell our clients how harmony modules are organized, the
dependencies between them and how to customize harmony's bootstrap bundles.
Is there such a guide in our ducument?
   If no, i would like to add one on our wiki.

--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM