harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [bundles] Tomcat - Harmony bundle
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:02:14 GMT
On 7/13/07, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it has no sense to bundle with the libraries like Log4J or junit.
> I think we should make bundles with standalone application like
> Eclipse, Tomcat or Geronimo. Because these will be out-of-the-box
> solutions.

   Agree.
   Derby is also another good candidate. Seems Sean is now busy adding it to
test infrastructure if I have not missed something.
   I am not sure whether we can bundle and post just apache/eclipse projects
with harmony.
   There are also other outstanding applications, such as Hibernate, Spring
or JBoss. (In my remember there was some bugs to run the latter two with
Harmony half a year ago and I am not sure what is the progress now.:)

--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM