harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [site]Rss feed for Harmony news
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 03:17:31 GMT
On 7/4/07, Yuri Dolgov <dolgov.g.yuri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I wanted to discuss a question concerning RSS feeds generation for Harmony
> news. As for me it is very useful for project to have news in RSS format
> allow users getting automatic notification about important events. I see
> two
> alternatives to arrange this:
> 1. Create a blog for Harmony news using one of the famous public blogging
> service (like livejournal or blogspot) which will automatically generate a
> RSS feed
> 2. Implement a simple script which will parse out news page and store it
> in
> RSS format
>
> I personally like the second variant more, but first one also has some
> advantages.
> What do you think would be better?
>
> Thanks,
> Yuri

 I am not an expert on RSS. But l am thinking whether the blog will attract
more people, especially from those who are not so familiar with us?
  Maybe it is another story from RSS.  However I would recommend to give
Harmony a blog. It can be less formal as the one broad casted on apache
website thus more appealing to people from outside.

--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM