harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [bundles] Tomcat - Harmony bundle
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:08:28 GMT
2007/7/13, Leo Li <liyilei1979@gmail.com>:
> On 7/13/07, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I think it has no sense to bundle with the libraries like Log4J or junit.
> > I think we should make bundles with standalone application like
> > Eclipse, Tomcat or Geronimo. Because these will be out-of-the-box
> > solutions.
>   Agree.
>   Derby is also another good candidate. Seems Sean is now busy adding it to
> test infrastructure if I have not missed something.
>   I am not sure whether we can bundle and post just apache/eclipse projects
> with harmony.
Apache projects are the first candidates because of at least two reasons:
1. As part of Apache community we want to support and promote Apache
projects first :)
2. We definitely will not have any legal issues bundling with Apache projects.

>   There are also other outstanding applications, such as Hibernate, Spring
> or JBoss.
Yes, there are lot of good candidates to bundle Harmony with. But we
need to check the legal point of view for each case...

SY, Alexey