harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [buildtest2] Shall we Integrate mauve to BTI 2.0
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:24:26 GMT
Hello Sean,

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. :-)

Mauve has a pure GPL license [1]. Executing mauve tests is
establishing a dynamic link between Harmony VM an these tests. For me
this means that the linking infrastructure is tainted with GPL and
cannot be a part of BTI. In other words, if you commit such
infrastructure into Apache repository, the link may help FSF to claim
that Harmony VM links to GPL-ed code and should be re-licensed under
GPL.

All, please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

[1] License, http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/mauve/COPYING?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain&cvsroot=mauve

--
With best regards,
Alexei,