harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [buildtest2] Shall we Integrate mauve to BTI 2.0
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:23:54 GMT
2007/7/25, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com>:

> Hello Sean,
>
> Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. :-)
>
> Mauve has a pure GPL license [1]. Executing mauve tests is
> establishing a dynamic link between Harmony VM an these tests.

Thanks for your reminding to clear my confusion :)

For me
> this means that the linking infrastructure is tainted with GPL and
> cannot be a part of BTI.

What i suggest exactly is that end user will build mauve test code locally.
Then tell our bti adaptor the location where the compiled classes are as
a required parameter.
So we will maintain our adaptor script in our svn repos without any GPL
source code.
We just run the test supplied by end user, and we won't:

1. we haven't and won't modify mauve's code.
2. we haven't and won't redistribute mauve's code

So i think it's ok to include mauve test into our BTI through this way, am i
right?
Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

--
Sean Qiu