harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject [buildtest2] Shall we Integrate mauve to BTI 2.0
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:57:33 GMT
Hi, guys

The Mauve Project[1] is collaborative project whose goal is to create a Free
suite of functional, black box, tests for the core Java™
libraries.Theinitial group of its contributors come from the GNU
Classpath, GCJ, and the
Kaffe project. All three groups are working on Free (with source) cleanroom
implementations of the Java core libraries. So mauve is a clean test project
for GNU Classpath to help raise its quality. What's more, its test
coverage[2] seems pretty good.

The aim of mauve is similar to our unit test, so maybe we can integrate it
into our BTI to qualify our harmony's implementation.
Obviously, it is based on gpl so there are no restrictions on running the
testsuite with our own implementation.

But i am not sure we can integrate its source code into our BTI. Its
home page doesn't supply a binary one yet.
So maybe we can build the source code into somekind binary one and then put
it somewhere for running.

Is this approach OK? Is there anybody interested in this? Any comments?

[1]. http://sourceware.org/mauve
[2]. http://www.object-refinery.com/classpath/mauve/report/
--
Sean Qiu