harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [bundles] Tomcat - Harmony bundle
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:17:31 GMT
2007/7/13, Leo Li <liyilei1979@gmail.com>:

> On 7/13/07, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I think it has no sense to bundle with the libraries like Log4J or
> junit.
> > I think we should make bundles with standalone application like
> > Eclipse, Tomcat or Geronimo. Because these will be out-of-the-box
> > solutions.
>

>   Agree.
>   Derby is also another good candidate. Seems Sean is now busy adding it
> test infrastructure if I have not missed something.

It seems that i even cann't run derby's junit test with RI successfully,
so  maybe i am missing some configurations. While i will go on for it.

  I am not sure whether we can bundle and post just apache/eclipse projects
> with harmony.

  There are also other outstanding applications, such as Hibernate, Spring
> or JBoss. (In my remember there was some bugs to run the latter two with
> Harmony half a year ago and I am not sure what is the progress now.:)

IMHO, Spring is another great candidate besides geronimo, as the Spring
Framework is also licensed under the terms of the Apache License, Version
2.0 <http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html>.

> SY, Alexey
> >
> > 2007/7/13, Spark Shen <smallsmallorgan@gmail.com>:
> > > IIRC, we previously have application tests for harmony. The tested
> > > application includes:
> > > ant, junit, Apache Tomcat, Apache derby, Apache Axis, Jetty, Maven,
> > Log4J,
> > > Hibernate.
> > > The test result are at:
> > >
> > > http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/AppTestResult<
> > http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Apache_Ant><
> > http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Hibernate>
> > >
> > > Most of them are Apache projects. I think we can take them as the
> first
> > step
> > > to make bundles.

> > > --