harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Morozova, Nadezhda" <nadezhda.moroz...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Re: [site][doc] improving sitemap
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2007 11:00:59 GMT
HI Mikhail,
Sorry for a longish reply. I guess your idea of making the page more
compact is great; in fact, I also thought of removing descriptions and
only having links grouped into sections for structure.
However, our pages are diverse and dedicated to varied areas of
expertise, so we cannot hope to give the reader understanding of all
page titles with no description at all.
As I see it, the aim of a sitemap is to index all pages of a site and
show them in a structured way. For frequently accessed pages, we have
the side bar, so the sitemap can be an inventory list. Perhaps, we could
come to a completely different approach for sitemap one day, but I don't
see any radical alternative now.

Surely, there is room for improvement and change - like, making the
links on the sitemap more prominent, changing descriptions of pages,
re-arranging things. You are also welcome to contribute to these or any
other enhancements, as usual ;)

Cheers,
Nadya