harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][threading] preliminary Thread Lifecycle High-level Design doc was posted to JIRA (Harmony-4517)
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 23:04:56 GMT
On 7/23/07, Peter Novodvorsky <peter.novodvorsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Sorry, but I can't open these files. What this all xml is about?

Oops.  I fell victim to Microsoft's mega marketing machine.  Sorry my
mistake.

I thought by saving a word document to "xml" format, it would be readable by
any web browser.  I can't find any tools on Linux to view the docs.  Firefox
does not know about <?mso-application progid="Word.Document"?>

Does anyone have suggestions on what to convert a Microsoft Word doc into so
that it is readable on Linux or Apple?

Thanks
    Weldon

Peter.