harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][general] I think I might have broken the JVM repository
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 05:58:42 GMT

> Hi Weldon,
>
> Do you have any updates?
> I've made "svn up" and it builds and works fine for me. Nothing seems
> to be broken

I see the same thing on win32.  Nothing seems to be broken.  I created a new
directory and did a "svn co
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/trunk" then proceeded to
run build and "build test".  It all seems to work.  And all of the 300++ KB
commit(s) I did earlier today seems to have been appied to
the svn repository.

The only problem I see at this time is that the Linux build is broken on my
Linux machine.  When I run a simple "java hello", it give the following
error message:

Failed to initialize system class loader.
** During system class loader initialization uncaught exception:
java/lang/Unsat
isfiedLinkError

java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError : Can not find the library: libhycharset.so
 at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0 (Runtime.java: 807)
 at java.lang.System.loadLibrary (System.java: 223)
 at org.apache.harmony.niochar.CharsetProviderImpl.<clinit>
(CharsetProviderImpl
.java: 47)
 at java.nio.charset.Charset$1.run (Charset.java: 151)
 at java.nio.charset.Charset$1.run (Charset.java: 1)
 at java.security.AccessController.doPrivilegedImpl (AccessController.java:

Somehow the niochar library thinks there is a libhycharset.so.  I don't have
a clue why this is happening.  Since I am able to do a clean download then
build and run on win32, perhaps it was not caused by my commits (?)  In any
case, I continue to hunt down this bug on the Linux platform.

Thanks,

--
Weldon Washburn