harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Spark Shen" <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][beans] Current java6 bean implementation does not persist some class properly [was: There are some JDK 6 feature not implemented]
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 02:31:56 GMT
2007/7/5, Yang Paulex <paulex.yang@gmail.com>:

> > FYI we already have number of persistence delegates classes located in
> > org.apache.harmony.beans package, and FieldPersistenceDelegate is one
> > of them.

I agree to utilize existing implementation. But there are still others
missing. For example, java.util.Collection and its subclasses[1].

[1]http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-4327

It contains the algorithm that is very close to one you've
> > implemented in the patch for HARMONY-4321. So I don't think we should
> > add new FieldPersistenceDelegate, let's fix the existing one instead
> > (if it needs fixing). BTW, we also have a special folder
> > (src/test/java-internal/org/apache/harmony/beans) where tests for
> > persistence delegates are located. Shouldn't we create something like
> > FieldPersistenceDelegateTest there?
>

> Seems the tests in src/test/java-internal/org/apache/harmony/beans are
> implementation tests, all of which fail on RI with message like "
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/harmony/beans/ArrayPersistenceDelegate ". But I think the
> persistent delegate mechanism are very similar with serialization, on
> which
> we need to be compatible with other Java SE implementation, so it makes
> sense to make them the API tests which pass on RI. Did I miss something?

I agree to regard these test cases as  API tests.  And then these
persistenceDelegate implementations better be placed at
src/main/java/java/beans corresponding to test case layout.

Thanks,

--
Spark Shen
China Software Development Lab, IBM