harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [buildtest2] Shall we Integrate mauve to BTI 2.0
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:38:42 GMT
Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> Hello Sean,
>
> Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. :-)

Me neither, and when we are done discussing we might want to do a
gut-check with the legal discuss mailing list to ensure they approve our
proposed actions...that said...

> Mauve has a pure GPL license [1]. Executing mauve tests is
> establishing a dynamic link between Harmony VM an these tests. For me
> this means that the linking infrastructure is tainted with GPL and
> cannot be a part of BTI. In other words, if you commit such
> infrastructure into Apache repository, the link may help FSF to claim
> that Harmony VM links to GPL-ed code and should be re-licensed under
> GPL.
>
> All, please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

There is no intent to redistribute the tests from Harmony, just enable
them for the end user.  There is an analogy with the performance
infrastructure we just voted on which has adapters to SPEC benchmarks
that are not part of Harmony.

Regards,
Tim