harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [buildtest2] Shall we Integrate mauve to BTI 2.0
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:33:49 GMT
Sean Qiu wrote:
> The aim of mauve is similar to our unit test, so maybe we can
> integrate it into our BTI to qualify our harmony's implementation.
> Obviously, it is based on gpl so there are no restrictions on running
> the testsuite with our own implementation.

Thanks for bringing this to the list Sean.  We can produce an adapter
for running the Mauve test suite from the BTI.  I think that is a fine idea.

> But i am not sure we can integrate its source code into our BTI. Its
> home page doesn't supply a binary one yet. So maybe we can build the
> source code into somekind binary one and then put it somewhere for
> running.

You are right, we cannot host any GPL code in SVN, and our build scripts
must not fetch the GPL code by default for our users.  But we can write
an optional (ALv2'd) adapter that is specific to running the Mauve tests
that the end user brings alongside -- is that what you meant?

A good summary of what can/cannot be done is written here:
  http://people.apache.org/~cliffs/3party.html

Regards,
Tim