harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject VM compilation with gcc 4.2.1
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:54:14 GMT
Hello

I am back after vacations and didn't catch up with all emails so far, so
forgive me if this issue was reported already.

I tried to build harmony on my gentoo box which has gcc 4.1.2 and
compilation failed because of inconsistent declarations of
p_the_safepoint_control_thread and global_safepoint_status variables. In
the file vm_threads.h these variables are declared without extern "C",
so it is considered in C++ mode, and in file thread_manager.cpp they are
declared in extern "C" clause, so it is plain C style.

Compilation fails because of this inconsistency and so I want to fix it.
Since this is some code (it comes from rev 556704 by Weldon) that is new
to me, I have a question which way it is correct to declare
p_the_safepoint_control_thread and global_safepoint_status variables.
Should they be C or C++ style variables?

BTW looking at their usage it seems like they are almost deprecated and
could be removed in the future.

--
Gregory