harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][beans] Code seems duplicate for primitive persistence delegate
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 20:47:49 GMT
Alexei Zakharov wrote:
> I don't see many reasons to couple all persistence delegates into a
> single class. IMO "one  class to one persistence delegate" model is
> obvious and easy to understand.

Yes, it is.  Looking at the method
DefaultPersistenceDelegate#createDefaultNameForPersistenceDelegateClass
there is a simple 1:1 mapping from type to delegate.

> AFAIU RI implements its persistence delegates in this way.

I really don't care about that!

> BTW what do you mean by code duplication here?
> The behavior of instantiate() method is unique to each PD and all that
> we can do is to create a single class with a big big switch that
> includes the code from all our PDs. Do we really want this? IMHO it is
> not an Object-Oriented way.

I'm assuming that Spark is not suggesting combining *all* the
persistence delegates, just those for the primitive types.  But still,
I'd also be interested to hear how they would be combined.

Regards,
Tim