harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][awt] Toolkit.getLockingKeyState() is not implemented
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:43:49 GMT
Alexei Zakharov wrote:
> I think if we can satisfy some programs just by returning false
> without throwing any exceptions then this probably worth doing. In
> other words, IMHO we can afford a single violation of our general rule
> about NotImplementedException if it really improves usability of our
> implementation. Thoughts?

Sorry, I just meant that the method should be declared as throws the
NotImplementedException as a marker to ourselves and JAPI, but now I go
and look I can see that it already does.

public boolean getLockingKeyState(int a0) throws
UnsupportedOperationException,
org.apache.harmony.luni.util.NotImplementedException {
    lockAWT();
    try {
    } finally {
        unlockAWT();
    }
    if (true) {
        throw new RuntimeException("Method is not implemented"); //TODO:
implement //$NON-NLS-1$
    }
    return true;
}

I don't know if returning 'false' is going to be a problem or not, since
I have no idea what an "AWT Toolkit locking key state" is.

Regards,
Tim