harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Zakharov, Vasily M" <vasily.m.zakha...@intel.com>
Subject [classlib][awt] Toolkit.getLockingKeyState() is not implemented
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:15:47 GMT
Hi, all,

I was trying to run jEdit automated tests (see HARMONY-3633), and found
that it uses a special run-time patch to classlib to overcome the
RuntimeException that is always being thrown from
java.awt.Toolkit.getLockingKeyState() method, as it's not implemented.

As Stepan Mishura suggested in that JIRA, I think that though this
method needs to be implemented properly, a temporal workaround could
make Harmony more compatible for now. So I've filed a HARMONY-4423 issue
for that problem and created a temporal workaround patch that replaces
"throw RuntimeException" with "return false" in that method.

I think it would be good to commit this patch right now. Any objections?

Vasily Zakharov
Intel ESSD