harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Ivanov" <alxey.iva...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [site][doc] improving sitemap
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 08:33:18 GMT
Spark,

The site of Lucene is cool, and we may consider using their approach
to navigation. However implementing it wouldn't be very easy because
it will require to re-write the navigation support completely.

I didn't come up with many site which feature site map. Those I looked
at didn't have any description of the links. Despite this fact, I
consider that having a short description for a link is good idea, at
least for some of the links.

As another option for placing description is *using title attribute*
which will be rendered as a tooltip in all browsers. When user hovers
link with mouse, a tooltip with link description will be displayed.
This approach will surely reduce "visual clutter".

Regards,
Alexey.