harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: property parsing functions
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 05:54:45 GMT
Peter,

You might be gratefully surprised if searched in vm\include\open\vm.h
header for any of get_boolean_property(), get_int_property(),
get_numerical_property() ;)

2007/6/4, Peter Novodvorsky <peter.novodvorsky@gmail.com>:
> Hello, Alexei.
>
> I encourage you to look at gc_common.cpp. These functions
> (get_property_int, get_property_size, get_property_boolean) provide
> something that Properties class doesn't and maybe should.

Actually there are several duplicates of such code, in particular in
each GC impl we have at the moment. I don't think there are some
performance considerations (such code is used basically during
initialization), just lack of documentation or some ignorance.

Yep, maybe indeed implementation should be part of Properties class
rather than C VM interface, in particular to avoid intermediate
property value copying - Ilya Berezhniuk raised this issue 2 weeks ago
[1].

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.harmony.devel/26884

--
WBR,