harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Assertion when launching with a simple launcher
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 14:48:06 GMT
Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> Why EM is different from other VM component in regards to
> localization? If someone is interested in getting verbose VM output
> localized, it would not be good mixing lingos for them.
> Anyway, as Gregory pointed out, general problem remains - then we
> should drop localization in all plugguble components (GC, JIT etc).
> I suggest we think of fixing localization/logging instead.

+1 to this

I want to also point out that the problem that Oliver is experiencing is
not in error output from EM. The actual problem is that EM tries to open
  file ./client.emconf.

I think that VM should know its location right inside of
JNI_CreateJavaVM function and assign default values to o.a.h.*
properties. This will also allow fixing the bug in HARMONY-3986 when VM
doesn't provide its kernel jar files to classlib at its initialization.

--
Gregory