harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Assertion when launching with a simple launcher
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 12:20:31 GMT
Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> On 5/31/07, Gregory Shimansky <gshimansky@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> There is a known strange behavior of MSVC runtime in debug mode. For
>> some reason memory allocated in one DLL cannot be freed in another one.
>> I am not sure how to disable this check (BTW it is useful sometimes,
>> e.g. I found bug in HARMONY-2669). I suspect this is the same problem in
>> this case.
>>

> Gregory,
> What are your plans about fixing this bug? Unless you have not a better
> solution I propose committing HARMONY-3772.

I was hoping that it is possible to find a solution for this problem
without loosing localization. Also looking at the stack that Oliver has,
he has failures for LECHO in a place different from the stack in
HARMONY-3772. So if we change LECHO to ECHO in EM it should be done in
all places.

--
Gregory