harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Oleg Oleinik" <oleg.olei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Harmony M2 schedule
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 08:39:10 GMT

> I wonder what is the best way of marking a JIRA issue so we can 'query
> by goal' without having to embed unreadable tags?
>
> Maybe open a JIRA for the 'run a simple Tomcat scenario' and make it
> dependent upon JIRAs that block that success.  Just thinking aloud...any
> other ideas?

IMO good solution. But, Tim, am I correct that more detailed solution is:

1 issue per requirement / platform (currently 20 requirements per 1
platform) is created.

Issue summaries are unified, like "Win ia32: pass releiability tests"
or "Lnx ia32: pass simple Tomcat scenario".
If not having platform in summary, then, how to distinguish
requirements (and their dependencies) separately for each platform?

Each such requirement / platform issue has a list of concrete runtime
issues/bugs that block the given requirement via "blocks" link.

On Wiki page we have all requirements listed for 1, 2 or 3 platforms
(a table of 20, 40 or 60 cells). Each cell contains a reference to its
requirement / platform issue.

All issues that affect M2 requirements are linked via "blocks" link to
its requirement / platform issue (if a bug is severe blocker, then, it
should be linked to up to 60 issues...).

?