harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][beans]java.beans.beancontext.BeanContextSupport.getResource throws NullPointerException
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:30:12 GMT
Hi, all:
     I found that BeanContextSupport.getResource(String name,
BeanContextChild bcc) will throw NullPointerException due to its wrongly
selected classloader.
     Here is a testcase:
     public void testGetResource(){
        BeanContextChildSupport bean = new BeanContextChildSupport();
        BeanContextSupport beanContextSupport = new BeanContextSupport();
        beanContextSupport.add(bean);
        beanContextSupport.getResource("test.txt", bean);
    }

    RI passes and Harmony fails.
    It is an undetected regression after M1 due to my modification
to BeanContextSupport.
    I am not quite sure of the influence of this defect. Applications might
be affected.
    Shall we apply a patch for it now or after M2?

Good luck!
--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM