harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Kleymenov" <kleyme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r544529 - in /harmony/enhanced/buildtest/branches/2.0: buildtest.bat buildtest.sh
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 05:18:48 GMT
On 6/7/07, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:
> Okay, I see the difference. Wouldn't the '%~dp0' expansion be the most
> flexible? It would allow proper setup if executed in a different
> folder?

I've no objection against ~dp (+1).
But to be more correct here, we should place this path not into
CLASSPATH, but into PATCHED_ANT_CLASSES and append it to ant launcher
by means of -lib option.

> Why does the current directory (".") need to be in the classpath?
> I couldn't figure out what's being placed in there.

Some child java processes are launched without -classpath option and
expect the classes in their cwd (default JVM behaviour). This dot in
CLASSPATH satisfies these expectations. If we will run ant without
changes in CLASSPATH this dot won't be needed (as and "SET CLASSPATH"
itself).

Thanks,
Alexander