harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Kleymenov" <kleyme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r544529 - in /harmony/enhanced/buildtest/branches/2.0: buildtest.bat buildtest.sh
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 06:36:03 GMT
Hi,

On 6/6/07, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:
> Hey, I don't understand this change in the 'buildtest.bat' file below.
>
> Why change the '%~dp0' to '.;%CD%'? Was this an over-zealous patch? I
> added the '%~dp0' myself because the CD is an environment variable
> that's no set anywhere and '%~dp0' is the expansion for getting the
> current directory.

%CD% is a dynamic environment variable. It expands to the current
directory (SET /?) while %~dp0 expands to where the bat file is
placed. So these notions are almost the same excepting the possibility
to preset CD variable before .bat execution. I think here this
difference is not important and if you like %~dp0 you can revert the
change (but don't forget about dot please).

Thanks,
Alexander