harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] [jitrino] inliner status
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 11:40:01 GMT
On 6/7/07, Yves Ineichen <yves.ineichen@dplanet.ch> wrote:

> hi mikhail,
>
> thanks for your hint. the current svn version (svn = r545097) seems to
> work with the optimzier rules but now the code generator asserts:
>
> java:
>
> /data/home/iyves/src/harmony/working_vm/vm/jitrino/src/shared/CGSupport.cpp:84:
> void Jitrino::setBCMappingEntry(void*, uint32, uint16): Assertion
> `key<1000*1000' failed.
> SIGABRT in VM code.
> Aborted
>
> did i miss anything in my path.codegen?:

I think that this problem is not about optimizations. The 'key' here is an
instruction ID.
I put this assertion into code because I do not believe we can have methods
with 1M instructions (both java method size and inliner limits will not
allow us to have methods of this size) and if you have ones this could be a
bug.
Could you check the HIR of your method and tell us how many instructions it
has?

You can use "-verbose:em" option to know the name of the method that fails
and "-XX:jit.f.filter=class::method -XX:jit.f.arg.log=ct,irdump" to get a
HIR log.

--
Mikhail Fursov