harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit]compilation time
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 11:26:26 GMT
On 6/7/07, Maksim Ananjev <maksim.ananjev@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mikhail, thanks!
>
> But I haven't got where the information about time is stored after the
> execution. Would you be so kind to point it out more explicitly?

I was wrong, 'time'  option does not work with PMF filters and can be only
turned on or off for all methods compiled by JIT.
But you can have different JITs and use EM chains to filter methods between
them.

Copy default opt.emconf file into your working directory and modify it in
the following way:

chains=chain1,chain2
chain1.jits=JET
chain2.jits=CS_OPT
JET.file=jitrino
CS_OPT.file=jitrino

#JET will compile all method except this one
chain1.filter=-YourClassPrefix::yourMethodPrefix

#enabling timers for CS_OPT
-XX:jit.CS_OPT.arg.time=on

#must have option for every JIT. JET does not have pipeline, so leave it
empty
-XX:jit.JET.path=

and run VM with "-Xem:path_to_your_emconf" option

--
Mikhail Fursov