harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Novodvorsky" <peter.novodvor...@gmail.com>
Subject property parsing functions
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 14:36:49 GMT
Hello,

I'm working on support of -Xss (stacksize) parameter for harmony jvm.
I found that GC guys implemented a number of very useful property
parsing functions in gc_common.cpp. I'd like to use them, but they are
static and inside GC library, I don't want to make copy of them in
jthread files. I was thinking about moving them somewhere to vmcore.
Can you suggest me a good place for them? One more question to GC
guys: won't it cause huge performance degradation if these functions
will be moved out of GC and all calls to them would become
cross-library calls?

Thanks,
Peter.