harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nina Rinskaya" <nina.rinsk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general][M2] Code frozen
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:14:07 GMT
Hi all,

It looks that r549864 commit has introduced a regression:
org.eclipse.team.tests.ccvs.core.subscriber.testConcurrentAccessToSyncSettestcase
from Eclipse Unit Tests ('teamcvs' suite) intermittently crashes on
Windows 2003 (x86) with the following output:

   [java] Windows reported exception: 0xc0000005
     [java] Registers:
     [java]     EAX: 0x00410048, EBX: 0x140e9870, ECX: 0x000022a2, EDX:
0x00383f30
     [java]     ESI: 0x16e3ed0c, EDI: 0x0b3943f0, ESP: 0x10d6fa78, EBP:
0x13f461f4
     [java]     EIP: 0x1000430c
     [java] Stack trace:
     [java]   0: hythread_thin_monitor_exit (??:-1)
     [java] <end of stack trace>

The testcase deals with synchronized resources, and probably the crash
happens whyle adding ~1000-5000th element to the synchronized collection.

The issue impacts only 1 testcase, but the whole suite (170 tests) is
reported as crashed, it reduces EUT pass rate by 0,4%.

The issue was not found earlier because it is an intermittent issue (but it
is often reproducible, ~3 times per 5 runs).

Thanks.

--
Nina