harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general][M2] Code frozen
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 07:24:59 GMT
> 2007/6/25, Xiao-Feng Li <xiaofeng.li@gmail.com>:
> > On 6/25/07, Mikhail Loenko <mloenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Let's create snapshots and then decide (based on testing results?)
> > > what to release
> >
> > Why not to have them all? I don't understand. Sorry if I missed
>
> It depends on testing results. For example, it does not make much sense
> to release IPF build as a stable build (IIRC it currently runs apps
> like "hello world"
> only)
>
> If we have excellent testing results on the first platform and pretty
> modest ones on
> the second one (or no testing for the second platform) I'd prefer to
> release only the first one.

I agree with the criteria, well I think we are talking about
Linux-X86/Win-X86/Win-X86-64 per Stepan's question, and these three
configurations are rather stable (?) in my understanding. I wish I am
right since that's what the feature/code freezes were/are intended
for. Otherwise, we might want to reexamine the M-series release
process.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--