harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][sql] java.sql.DriverManager.getDrivers() lack permission of reading System prpperty "jdbc.drivers" will cause j.l.ExceptionInInitializerError
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 09:33:23 GMT
Hi, guys

When i am running derby's junit test.I find a error caused by lacking
of pemission of read system "jdbc.drivers" property while initialize
DriverManager class.

Initialize DriverManager class will invoke the method of
DriverManager.loadInitialDrivers(). This static method will read
system property of "jdbc.drivers", this will throw
java.security.AccessControlException cause the
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError. I have reprot a jira in
HARMONY-4303 [1].

Shall we call AccessController.doPrivileged to grant it the read permision ?

Sean Qiu